Willtech - Premium Technology
Willtech Support Desk
How do I enter my Username and Password into the system? v4
ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus check every hour for new updates, and are updated at least once a day with new virus definitions and occasional program component upgrades. The update will fail if your username or password is invalid or entered incorrectly. You can make sure your username and password information is entered correctly by following the steps below.
NOTE: If you are upgrading your ESET security product from the trial version to the full version, please allow 24-48 hours after entering your new username and password for the new expiration date to display.
1. Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
2. From the main menu, click Setup and then click Username and Password setup....
3. Verify that your username and password are entered correctly and then click OK. The following are EXAMPLES only:
4. From the main menu, click Update → Update virus signature database (make sure you are connected to the Internet).
5. If you are not prompted for your username and password, they have been entered correctly. If you are prompted for your username and password, click Cancel and repeat steps 2 and 3. Make sure you are logged in as administrator, or have administrator privileges.
NOTE: Please remember to enter your username and password exactly as they are written.
-The username and password ARE case sensitive and the hyphen in the username IS necessary
-The password is ten characters long and all lowercase
-If you are copying and pasting, make sure there are no extra spaces either before or after
-We do not use the letter L in passwords (use the number one (1) instead)
-A big '0' is the number zero (0), a little 'o' is the lowercase letter o
Maintaining current virus definitions and program updates is the most important aspect of any security software. Always check to make sure your antivirus solution is up-to-date to ensure continued protection.
Was this article helpful?
Help desk software